"Go Milk A Cow"
Make More Margin
Ever feel stressed out and overloaded with all the busyness of life. We sure do! So what can we do about it? This week we’re talking about margin, and how to make more time, money, and energy available to serve God and others. Two of our favorite sisters from Luke 10:38-42, Mary and Martha, show us both sides of stress. And we cover the challenges of saying “no,” the dissatisfaction we feel despite our modern conveniences, and how Jesus handled his busy schedule.
The Big Idea: Saying “no” to some good things in our schedule and budget gives us the space to say “yes” to better things.
Weekly Challenge: Identify something that causes you stress and take steps to reduce it.
- Jesus Said … Luke 10:38-42
- “Go Get Her A Sandwich” (EPISODE)
- Margin: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives by Richard Swenson (BOOK)
- Essentialism - The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown (BOOK)
- Stress Free Chess from Excel Still More by Kris Emerson (PODCAST)
- Productivity, Part 1 (SERMON)
- Productivity, Part 2 (SERMON)