"We're No Strangers To Love"
Develop A Heart Of Love
This week we take on some of the obstacles that keep us from fulfilling our two most basic purposes: loving God and others. We discuss the temptation to “hole up” away from the world, the difficulty of saying “no” to the demands and distractions of our lives, and the habit of insisting on our own way. We also talk about our favorite “love songs” in the Bible as we finish our Fruit series. And we wonder what is “new” about Jesus’ commandment to “love another” in John 13:34-35.
The Big Idea: Love isn’t stopped by what is, it looks to what could be. It is a creative force that can generate new attitudes, new relationships, and new people.
Weekly Challenge: Choose one of the 8 habits from “The Common Rule” to try this week.
- Jesus Said … John 13:34-35
- Do you suffer from gadget addiction? (BLOG)
- O Sacred Head (SONG)
- The Common Rule (BOOK)
- The Common Rule Habits (CHART)
- Augustine’s Prayer (QUOTE)
- The Commandment Before the Greatest Commandment (SERMON)
- The Commandment After the Greatest Commandment (SERMON)
- Chara Poster by The Bible Project (IMAGE)
- Word Study: Agape - "Love" by The Bible Project (VIDEO)